#Whole30 Day 19! Feeling great!
I love pasta. And bread. Pretty much all carbs. And cheese? Pasta and cheese together? Yes. But… my body isn’t as much of a fan, and I never actually feel good after eating a bunch of empty carbs and dairy. So here’s one of my favorite alternatives, that is filling and creamy and indulgent – with WAY less calories, and WAY more nutrients.
I give you – Cauliflower Alfredo Spaghetti Squash. (“oohs” and “ahhs”)
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (or about 2 cups)
- 1 small avocado (or half of 1 medium/large)
- 1/3 cup of plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tspn dried thyme
- 1 tspn crushed red pepper
- pinch salt & pepper
- Bake or boil spaghetti squash until soft
- Boil or steam cauliflower until soft
- Mix cauliflower, avocado, garlic, lemon, thyme, red pepper in a food processor or strong blender and mix until smooth
- Mix sauce with cooked spaghetti squash, and top with salt/pepper
Nutrition: Cauliflower is high in protein, potassium, fiber, and surprisingly is stocked with vitamin c! Spaghetti squash is super low in calories, with only about 30 calories per cup, rather than about 180 in white pasta. Avocado adds in some healthy fats, protein, potassium, and a laundry list of other vitamins and minerals.
Good stuff! And seriously. So delicious, I couldn’t put it down.