This creamy and spicy soup is absolutely perfect for a chilly winter or spring day. It fills you up and warms you up without weighing you down. So delicious AND so easy to make! Great for day-to-day meals or a holiday party.
- Olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small ½-inch pieces (about 3 cups), OR 3 cups pre-cut squash
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbspn of yellow curry powder
- 1 tbspn of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Sautee onions, garlic, olive oil in pan until soft
- Add butternut squash and cook on medium-high heat for about 15 minutes until soft
- Remove and cool butternut squash and blend with an immersion blender or mix with baking mixer.
- Pour mixture into a large pot with vegetable broth and spices and bring to a boil with high heat.
- Reduce to simmer, and slowly add coconut milk